How long are the tours?
- Half day tours are 4+ hours long
- Full day tours are 8+ hours long
Is there any hiking involved during the tour?
- Minimal hiking is required on most of the tours. Most locations can be driven to. Some trail walking at a few locations may be necessary to get to the good spots. I try to make the tour drives easily accessible for all ages. If severely handicapped please contact the studio to work out needed details.
How many people are typically included in a tour?
- My vehicle accommodates a maximum of five people. For groups of more than five, an additional vehicle from one of the tour participants will follow along behind my vehicle on the tour drive. All tours are considered private unless advertised as a specific workshop group.
How should I dress for my tour?
- Dress in layers and always wear closed toe shoes. New Mexico weather is very unpredictable. Contact the studio a few days beforehand to gauge what weather to expect.
What photographic skills are needed?
- All you will need is an interest in either the art that can be created by your camera (or cell phone) or you just want to experience the beauty of northern New Mexico and southern Colorado. Included within each tour will be as much camera and composition instruction as wanted or needed.
Are non-photography spouses or friends welcome on the tours?
- Yes they are welcome to ride along for an additional $50 fee for half day tours and a $100 fee for a full day tour.
Are meals available during the full day tours?
- A meal for each participant at a restaurant along our route will be included in the costs of all full day tours. I will also bring along water and snacks for all half and full day tours.
How are payments handled for each tour?
- An initial deposit of $50 per person will be paid ahead of time to reserve the tour date. The balance of the fee will be due at the end of the tour day. Forms of accepted payments are: Credit Card and cash. Deposits can be made with a check for all tours reserved over 2 weeks in advance.
What is the refund policy for deposits?
- A full deposit refund will be made for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the tour date, less any processing fees or credit card charges. Refunds for cancellations less than 7 days will be decided on a case by case basis.
Reserving a Tour
- If you would like to reserve a tour date, contact me either by phone or email. Most transactions are handled using Paypal which accepts most major credit cards. I require a deposit of $50 per person per day reserved to save your tour date. Multiple tour days will require a multiple of the $50 deposit. My cell phone is 760-518-1530 or my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Mailing address?
PO Box 1738
Ranchos de Taos, NM 87557